Wednesday, March 7, 2012

I can't. - The Insecure Writer's Support Group.

I can't. 

I can't finish the book.
I can't get published.
I can't be an author.
I can't make a living this way.
I can't let my family down.

I can't.

Sound familiar?

Can't can be a bad thing.

But, not all the time.

Don't these sound better.

You can't make an omelette without breaking a few eggs.

You can't keep a good woman down.

You can't judge a book by its cover.

You can't blame a girl for trying.

I can't get you out of my mind.

Can't can be a good thing.

Spoken like a true Rolling Stone: You can't always get what you want. But, if you try sometimes, well you just might find, you'll get what you need.

I can't ... think of a place I would rather be.

Thank you, Alex J. Cavanaugh, for inspiring us to speak with one another once a month through The Insecure Writer's Support Group.

12 comments:

  1. Aww! What a wonderful post, and yes, "can't" can be a good word when it wants to be. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! We don't always get what we want, but we often get what we need - or expect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful post and a great reminder about looking on the bright side of life :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great post... just what every insecure writer needs to hear.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both poetic and inspiring! Thank you, Heather!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well said, Heather.

    This has been one of my favs today ....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great post Heather. Gave me my jump start for the morning. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. i love how you changed negative into positive!
    thanks for the jolt =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherie - Thank you!

    Alex - I completely agree.

    Siv - Exactly!

    M.J. - Thank you!

    Nancy - Sweet. Thanks!

    Michael - I appreciate that. Thank you!

    Donna - I'm glad to hear that!

    Tara - You are welcome! Thanks for coming!

    Tonja - Welcome. Thank you!


    You guys are always so nice! Thank you!
    HMG

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great post Heather! That is one way of dealing with that pesky word, "Can't". You go girl!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.