Monday, March 21, 2011

I don't have a short attention...oh, look a chicken!



Sometimes I worry about myself.

I have to cause not that many others would.

I get all excited about my writing and then I post about it and then the well dries up.

I guess I jinxed myself.

So, I thought I would read. I ordered a few books from the library and picked them up the other day.

I read one and that's a good start but the others are just sitting here.


I remember a time when I used to get a brand new book in my hand and I would get a tremendous rush of excitement just knowing that I would be soon be trapped in its pages.


Now I feel guilty for reading instead of writing.


I know its important to keep reading while you write. I have read many of your posts on the same subject. It's good for the gray matter.


But, I'm having trouble concentrating on writing or reading.  I'm too easily distracted by just about anything.


Maybe it's spring fever. We actually were able to spend most of this past weekend outdoors and then we got snow today. Snow. I'm pretty sick of it, I've got to tell you. It's been a really long winter. I'm about ready to go to PA and have a talk with that stupid beaver.


Guess I will just have to suffer through the dry spells and wait for my next inspiration.


Only 10 more days until the A to Z Blogging Challenge. Anyone joining me on the crazy train heading to crazy town?

11 comments:

  1. Train? What train? I live in Crazy Town!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You A to Z people are crazy :)
    But I look forward to reading the posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. L.A. - All aboard!

    Jolene - Yep. Crazy like a FOX!

    It should be interesting anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Speaking for all ground hogs in Pennsylvania, please don't call us beavers.
    Better to march out of March with snow on our boots, than stroll into April with your .... oh, look a robin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Balance can be so difficult to achieve at times. I try to set aside a short period for reading every afternoon. It usually becomes nap time though. The book I've been reading has been taking such a long time.

    Lee
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter hashtag: #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suz - Really? You're taking the ferrets side?

    Arlee - Any book would take a long time with your eyes closed! That would be a good idea though.

    I suppose I actually do a lot of reading if you count bedtime with the 5 year old. We read every night. Does that count?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Storytime definitely has to count if not we are all screwed. Sometimes I watch Rom Coms, they are good for my writing heart. I love the proposal by Sandra Bullock and La Reynolds but any old romcom will do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We've had a tough winter here in Northern Virginia. I know you've had a tougher winter where you are because our goddaughter's mother lives in the area. BTW, I'm totally sick of winter. I'm sick of hot tea. I wanna slug some brrrrr cold iced tea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joanna - I'm so glad you agree. So what if its Captain Underpants!

    Kittie - Yeah. East Coast stunk this year no matter where. Had another storm from Tuesday to Thursday. Melting off pretty quick though.

    Yes, some warmth. I want to sit on my front porch furniture with my laptop and enjoy. Soon. It has to be soon.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the same issue. I am getting to the point that I am going to even stop posting what I am going to write next (No I won't LMAO).

    Don't feel guilty for living life. From what I have read in all the great writing books reading is part of the writing process. Living feeds the creativity that lives within and gives you the fuel to push that story through.

    With all that said hang in there and don't stress over it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. K.D. - You are so right. Need to get out there and live in order to write well. I agree.
    Thanks for coming to visit! I'm hanging in there!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message after the beep.