Thursday, May 13, 2010

On the third day....

...nothing.
I know I'm jumping the gun here. It could be weeks, if ever, before an agent might respond. They have a long list of emails that come in every day. I know. I do!
I'm just so inappropriately impatient!
And I wonder, since I didn't follow every detail of their submission guidelines, if they just dismissed me out of hand.
I tried to send exactly what they asked for.
Query letter
First 10 pages
Detailed synopsis
But when I tried to email the whole thing, cause they wanted it all in the 'body' of the email, their address kept kicking it back to me.
I tried twice.
Then I cut the first 10 pages and it emailed fine.
I did put a note in there explaining what happened, and that I would love to send them the 10 pages or even more, if they want me to.
I hope they didn't just scoff and say: "She can't follow simple email directions, she will be impossible to work with! DELETE!"
Harsh. But possible.
Some of the agents websites were downright unfriendly.
YOU MUST CONFORM!
YOU MUST NOT SEND ME ANYTHING TO READ!
JUST THINK ABOUT YOUR BOOK AND I WILL SEND YOU A REJECTION LETTER VIA MY EVIL MIND!
Okay, not quite that bad, but a little scary.
So I will wait some more. No big. I'll just go write something else like a good girl.
*Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message after the beep.